lauantai 6. joulukuuta 2014

Nexus 4 won't get Android 6 in the future - CyanogenMod will come to help?

Nexus 4 is one of the phones which received Android 5 Lollipop one month ago. I must admit I was very pleased and did immediate flashing when factory image of Android 5 was released. My Nexus looks IMO very modern with new OS inside.

I wonder if next Android (6?) will ever be available for my Nexus 4. Doubt it. One solution is to get rid of Nexus 4 and buy Nexus 5 or 6. However, that's not an option. I hate the idea of ever-continuing upgrading of phone models. I'm more than happy with Nexus 4 and want to keep it that way.

So what can I do? Well, let's hope CyanogenMod will come to help. As a matter of fact there might not be any other solution available. Firefox OS and Ubuntu Touch are too much behind Android. Let's keep fingers crossed CyanogenMod will continue as a company which releases a free version of Android 6. Rumours say CM (=CyanogenMod) is for sale...

Nexus 4 is a mobile phone which is comparable with iPhone 6 what comes to tech specs. Therefore, It's not nice Google will abandon relatively new hardware (when Android 6 arrives in the future). Not everyone wants to buy a new phone over and over again. That's why we need companies like CyanogenMod.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti