lauantai 2. toukokuuta 2015

Speccy - a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator for Android

Back in the eigties there were many home computers to choose from. One of my favourites was sir Clive Sinclair's ZX Spectrum which I bought in England and brought to Finland. My Spectrum only had 16 K memory while the "bigger brother" had 48 K.

Time went on. In the end of 80's PCs came around (prices dropped) and in 1992 I bought my first own 486 PC (ie Intel 486-generation processor). Not many years passed and Netscape www-browser showed up.

However I never forgot those Spectrum-times. Off I went and found Speccy - ZX Spectrum emulator which is available at Google Plat Store. It's amazing what you can do with your mobile device nowadays. So if you'd like go back in time then try Speccy on Android. Of course emulator doesn't have the same feeling compared to the original hardware. However it's easy to take Spectrum with you. Just make sure you have your phone with you!

IMO there is one big problem. Where can I download games? I'm not sure if it's legal to download games for Spectrum via torrent network. This is something which has to be solved. Before that, look at the pictures below and take your memories back to the eighties; no Internet, no mobile...

Emulator at Google Play Store

Emulator on Samsung Galaxy S4


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti