lauantai 2. helmikuuta 2019

Ubuntu Touch on Nexus 7 (2013) wifi (flo)

Nexus 7 (2013) wifi (codenamed flo) is one of those tablets able to run Ubuntu Touch operating system from UBports. I recently received my used Nexus 7 (2013) wifi and immediately started to install Ubuntu Touch on it. There were issues, not too many:
  • First of all, flash Android 4.4. Mine had Android 5 or higher and it's a no-go. Ubuntu Touch won't start. Find Android 4.4 image here: https://developers.google.com/android/images 
  • Make sure you enable Developer Mode in Android 4.4
  • Use Ubuntu Touch installer on Linux when flashing although available for Mac OS and Windows as well. Linux is the best. The other two work if it's a sunny day.
  • In case wifi is not working (is not available at all like I had!) on Ubuntu Touch reboot and pray. Worked for me!
  • Create a PIN code which also works as a password for root.
That's it! Now I'm a proud owner of a Nexus 7 tablet which is running pure Linux!

My Nexus 7 (2013) wifi (flo) with
Ubuntu Touch installed


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti