I decided to give new version a go. In my opinion ChromiumOS 0.5 for RaspberryPi 2 is very fast and stable. Of course one has to remember RaspberryPi only has 1 GB of RAM. When running two browser windows ~ 0.65 GB of RAM is in use. However ChromiumOS's only app is Chromium browser! Once it's up and running all memory is given to browser!
There are things to bear in mind:
- Are you using a FullHD (1920*1080) monitor with an HDMI-port? Try another monitor in case no picture show up.
- Did you write the image on microSD card properly? Learn how to use dd command in Linux. Not sure which app to use in Windows or Mac.
- And last but not least! Happened to me! Remove all apps from your Chrome/Chromium browser. I had tons of apps installed aside Chrome. Also get rid of extensions you don't need.
- Apps remove: find magnifier (lower left corner) and click it, right click on top of an app and remove
- Extensions remove: button with three stripes (upper right corner), extensions, garbage bin