lauantai 24. kesäkuuta 2017

An old Dell Latitude X1 is now running the latest Raspbian from hard disk

Now that Raspbian is available as an installable ISO for an x86 PC I decided to give it a go on my rusty old Dell Latitude X1.

With only 1 GB of RAM my Dell is able to run a Linux which consumes as little resources as possible. Raspbian is based on Debian Linux and is equipped with a modified and light window manager - suitable for my needs.

If you want to download the latest (summer 2017) Raspbian for x86 (i.e. Intel-compatibel processor) you can either use direct link or download a torrent file below:


Once the ISO was downloaded I burned it on a USB stick. Next, I booted Dell from USB.  The setup was familiar from Debian. The only annoying thing was my wifi dongle was not recognized. So I was forced to use an external one from König. No problem with that dongle. The driver was automatically loaded and the dongle worked out-of-the-box.

Raspbian x86 on hard disk really made my day! I'm going to migrate to Raspbian on all of my platforms! It's already running on my Raspies and from now on on my PCs as well!


König USB Wifi dongle




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti