WARNING! AS A RESULT *A GENERIC YOSEMITE USB STICK* IS CREATED. MAKE SURE IT SUITS YOUR NEEDS!
- First off, download OS X 10.10 Yosemite from the App Store
- You do have a Mac with Yosemite already installed, don't you? That's what is needed
- As default Yosemite is downloaded to a folder called /Applications
- Downloading takes some time
- Install Diskmaker X
- From Diskmaker X website:"As soon as you launch the application, it tries to find the OS X Install program with Spotlight. Then, it proposes to build a bootable install disk and make it look as nice as possible. It’s the easiest way to build an OS X Installer in a few clicks !"
- Find a 8 GB USB stick (not sure if 4 GB is ok)
- No need to format, Diskmaker X takes care of it
- Place USB stick in your Mac
- Start Diskmaker X
- Follow the instructions on screen
- The screenshots below are from my Desktop:
- IMPORTANT! Did Diskmaker X do the trick? Did my USB Yosemite stick work? Yes and yes. I'm very pleased!
Choose "Yosemite (10.10)"
Choose "Use this copy"
Choose "An 8 GB USB thumb drive"
Click the volume (in my case "Mac OS X install DVD"),
then choose "Choose this disk"
Choose "Erase then create the disk"
Choose "Continue", read the FAQ at
Diskmaker X website
Choose "Make a donation" if you want